Hamburger Soup with Brussel Sprouts
Write a review
- 125 grams red onion, sliced (approx. ½ onion) (PHASE 4)
- 125 grams mushrooms, chopped (approx. 10 count)
- 200 grams yellow bell pepper, sliced (approx. 1 count)
- 200 grams Brussels sprouts, halved (approx. 20 count)
- Olive oil for roasting veggies
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 grams celery (approx. 6 sticks)
- 4 cups homemade beef stock
- 2 cups organic whole tomatoes
- 1 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch cayenne pepper or ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Place onions (PHASE 4 ONLY) mushrooms, bell pepper, brussels sprouts, brush with olive oil, salt and pepper on a large baking sheet. Transfer sheet to the oven and roast vegetables for 25-30 minutes. Once complete, set aside.
- Add ground beef to a large soup pot and cook on medium-low heat until just cooked through. Add garlic and celery, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients: stock, tomatoes, paste and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Drop Zone Weight Loss http://dropzoneweightloss.com/