Bell Pepper-Cauliflower Soup
Write a review
- 2 large bell peppers, stemmed and cored, halved lengthwise and pressed flat
- 4 tsps olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or smoked paprika if you want less spice)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cauliflower
- 1 tsp sweetener
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Chives (optional)
- Lemons (optional)
- Preheat broiler to high. Arrange bell peppers skin side up on baking sheet. Broil until skins are blackened, about 10 minutes. Remove peppers from oven and let cool. Peel over a bowl to collect juices; set peppers and juices aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add shallots, salt, cayenne pepper and cook about 3 minutes. Add broth and cauliflower. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Add peppers with juices and cook, covered, 10 minutes. Purée in a blender and add sweetener. Add pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold, garnish with oil, chives and lemon, if you'd like.
Drop Zone Weight Loss http://dropzoneweightloss.com/