Indian Style Cauliflower Rice
Write a review
- 1 head Cauliflower, medium
- 1 tsp Ginger Root, grated or paste
- 1 whole Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp Whole Cumin Seed
- 1 whole Whole Cinnamon Stick
- 1 whole Cardamom Seed
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped, to garnish
- Cut the head of cauliflower into quarters, then trim out the inner core from each quarter. Break apart the cauliflower into large florets with your hands.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Don't fill the food processor more than 3/4 full; if necessary, process in 2-3 batches. Alternatively, you can grate the florets on the large holes of a box grater.
- Pulse in one-second intervals until the cauliflower pieces are about the size of grains of rice, more or less.
- In a deep frying pan heat some olive oil. Add cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves. After few seconds cumin seeds will start sizzle. Add green chilli and ginger paste, stir fry for 1 minute, on medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower and salt. Stir fry for 8-10 minutes until the cauliflower gets tender and cooked.
- Lastly, add lemon/lime juice, mix well and close the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander/cilantro leaves.
Drop Zone Weight Loss http://dropzoneweightloss.com/