Roasted Garlic and Celeriac Soup
Write a review
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 large celeriac ( cubed )
- 1 onion ( diced )
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh parsley ( coarsely chopped ) You can substitute clilantro for a different flavour.
- 1. Set oven to 400 F. Cut the top off the head of garlic and drizzle with oi. Wrap the garlic in tinfoil and place in oven 20-30 min. ( Check and make sure the garlic is soft and slightly browned.)
- 2. Put everything else ( except parsley ) into a large cookpot and boil the veggies until tender. Add parsley.
- 3. Remove the garlic cloves from the outer husks and add to the soup.
- 4. Let cool slightly. Blend in batches adding just enough broth to thin the soup out to your desired consistency.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- I added Kale just before celeriac was cooked and WOW!! It was delicious, but turned the soup a bright green.
Drop Zone Weight Loss http://dropzoneweightloss.com/